Map Charts not available

Copper Contributor

We are on the current Channel, Version 1611 and Build 7571.2075. I don't see the option to insert a Map Chart. 
What could be the reason that this option is not available?

mapcharts.PNG

11 Replies

I have the same issue. I cannot see the maps option under charts. Where you able to solve it?

Still not solved. We are now at Version 1702 (Build 7870.2024)

Hi Anton,

Please check this https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Excel/EXCEL-DO-NOT-SHOW-GRAPH-MAP-CHART/m-p/38217#M184 discussion. Possible reasons - non-US SKU or you are not on O365 subscription

Thanks for the reply Sergei. By SKU do you mean the office365 tenant/license used? I have the en-us version installed of the application.

SKU as i remember is Stock Keeping Unit. Other words, for which market is the product version.

Anyway, Maps Chart shall work with en-us

Problem is related to installation with the Deployment Tool. If we install with the Deployment Tool there is no Map Chart available. If we install from the Office 365 portal we can insert a Map Chart.

Perhaps in some settings in configuration.xml. My installations are done with Office Deployment Tool and i have Map Charts available..

@Sergei Baklan wrote:

Perhaps in some settings in configuration.xml. My installations are done with Office Deployment Tool and i have Map Charts available..

Would you mind sharing the configuration.xml? After obfuscating the sensitive info of course. 

I am on O365 Pro Plus CTR Version 1703 Build 7967.2161 and I do not have the Map Chart. SKU is "en-us" of course. And deployed via ODT.

Finally we got the Map Chart with Version 1704 (Build 8067.2115)

Downloading 8067 now.. fingers crossed!

Yup. Got it now with Version 1704 (Build 8067.2115). Thanks for the info @Erik Schellekens. I wonder why Microsoft Staff could not provide a definitive answer?!