Macro Debug

Copper Contributor

@Jan Karel Pieterse helped me solve my issue importing multiple CSV files into one tab using Data>Get Data>From File>From Folder and it works great. Now I'm trying to automate the process for a "I don't want to learn it" friend. I recorded a macro to accomplish this and during recording everything works fine but when I try to run it again I get... 

clipboard_image_0.png

1 Reply

Well, I knew if I played enough and and used help enough I would find a solution. My objective was to update the tab that I imported CVS files to using Data>Get Data>From File>From Folder when I added new files to the "Get Data" from folder. It turned out to be very simple. After a data connection is made, (you can check the connections at Data>Existing Connections), all you need to do is click Refresh All and it will recanvas the file location and any changes, added or subtracted files, will update the data table. I then was able to record a simple macro which just clicked the data refresh all menu item, attached it to a shape I made with the text "Refresh" so my friend doesn't have to go looking through the menus.

@KCP54