Loading an Excel-worksheet from within SharePoint Online including auto-refresh

Copper Contributor

Hi,

My use case is pretty easy I think. I am however unable to fully pull it of. Here's the setup:

1. I have 1 big Excel-workbook that contains a lot of HR-data. This workbook will be refreshing daily and is stored in a simple documentlibrary on a SharePoint-site.
  2. I would like to have another Excel-workbook (or multiple) that use this first Excel-workbook as a datasource (via the Data-tab > New Query > From File > From Workbook > SharePoint-url for the workbook supplied, previously known as PowerQuery) to grab a subset of data. Why separate? So I can assign different permissions to each child-workbook on SharePoint.
  3. Display the workbooks from 2) on several SharePoint (modern) pages via the (new) Document-webpart.

Everything above works in my environment, except 1 thing: I'd also like the workbooks from 2) auto-refresh when people visit the pages from 3).

I've configured the datasource connection with the following:

• Auto-refresh when opening the file
  • Datasource connects via current Windows-user credentials (we use ADFS, so this shouldn't be a problem I guess?)

However: when I visit a page from 3), I'm greeted with a popup asking me to refresh the datasource, followed by another one stating "One or more dataconnections can't be refreshed"?

0 Replies