Insert Rows command missing on my right click menu after I copy cells

Copper Contributor

Before the latest update of excel in Office 365, I could copy a range of cells, and then right click on my mouse and it would give me an option to insert copied cells or insert rows.  I could insert rows, and then paste my information.   Now this is missing.  When I copy now, I only get the insert copied cells option.  And if I try to insert rows, it empties the clipboard.  This was a really nice command for me.  Does anyone know why this has been removed?

5 Replies

Also finding this to be an issue ... have you been able to find a solution?

No solution yet.  I really miss this feature.  

I have the exact opposite. Suddenly I am missing insert/delete cells from Excel. I can only add or delete rows! 

Anyone have this happen and know of a fix for it?

@Deleted wrote:

I have the exact opposite. Suddenly I am missing insert/delete cells from Excel. I can only add or delete rows! 

Anyone have this happen and know of a fix for it?

I only get the "Insert Copied Cells" as well. There is such a nice video that applies to something else entirely.

I have the same in o365 Excel (Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.13929.20406) 64-bit)

This is a really annoying miss.  Just because I copy/cut cells to paste, does not mean this is exactly my next move.  Really want the insert rows/columns on right click no matter what is in the "clipboard"