Insert Comment disabled since yesterday

Copper Contributor

Hello Everybody,
Since yesterday the Insert comment button greyed out, and disappeared from the mouse right click menu...
On all documents if a cell contains already a Comment, is it possible to modify or copy this comment, but on all the other cells, no way to add a comment or note... 
Until friday everything was working... I have this problem with all documents, new and old... 
Many Thanks

15 Replies

@CreditSwitzerland_1Yes, I have just encountered same problem. Hoping for help asap

@CreditSwitzerland_1 wrote:

Hello Everybody,
Since yesterday the Insert comment button greyed out, and disappeared from the mouse right click menu...
On all documents if a cell contains already a Comment, is it possible to modify or copy this comment, but on all the other cells, no way to add a comment or note... 
Until friday everything was working... I have this problem with all documents, new and old... 
Many Thanks

@JGmentions 

I have the same problem; if you click on a cell and press shift-F2 you can insert a comment.

@JS66QUESTIONS 

Thank you. That doesn't seem to work for me.

@JS66QUESTIONS 

That doesn't work for me

@timfo450909 

Hi, I have same problem.

@CreditSwitzerland_1 same problem from today!  Did you find solution?

Tnx

@Alisija72 

Hi, I can't explain it but yesterday it inexplicably started to show in my drop down menu again. Seems to be there is all my ss. Don't know what to say. Wish I could be of more help.

@JGmentions  

Hi, I hope the this miracle will happen to me as well.

Tnx

Thanks a lot. It works for me. But still I hope @Microsoft Team solve their current bug and we could access it via right click again.
Hello, I have had the same problem it was working Friday 27th March but gone now. I tried Shift F" on the cell but nothing sadly. If you open full screen Search then insert comment you can do it but takes too long! But I guess this is of no use to you. I'm new to this community.

@Marsh04Thanks for your help. What i have since found is the 'edit comment' seems to come and go however the quick workaround if its not there is - there is a 'tell me what you want to do' at the top of each ss. Just type in 'insert comment' or 'edit comment' and that will work.

All the best

Thank you, I'm not the best with online tech what does SS mean? I'm just putting it in search and it's coming up. I've had this problem before and it rectified itself but that was a year or two ago.
Spreadsheet
Lol ok! I'm learning all the time, thank you I haven't that option unfortunately but thanks for all your information. Hopefully it will back to normal soon.

@JGmentions 

I found a way to make it appear in Quick Access Toolbar: in Search tab, type "insert comment" and when you have the icon, right click and activate "Add to Quick Access Toolbar". It will appear top of the page, next to Save and Undo functions. It's not as good as the original, but still is better than inserting manually with Search tab every time you need to add comments! Hope it helps