=If equasions

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to do an =if formula but i'm not as proficient with those advanced formula's. pretty much i have a constant value that is going into an equation thats going into a weekly table. Right now i have that =SUM(E21+1163). example so when i input the hours my crew works it'll multiply hours by wages to get =E21 and then add equipment cost 1163 and give a total for the day

3 Replies

@YettieMonster 

Not sure if I have understood your requirement, but what are you trying to change with this worksheet ? why do you need IF function ?

Hi,
What I have understood is that you are getting a result by using sum function which provide the total value for the day by summing up total wages and equipment costs.
The 'if' function is useful where you want to calculate the result based on a condition.
You can write as follows,
=if(condition eg. A1=1200,value or formula if the condition is true,value or formula if the condition is false)
Excel will give you the syntax once you enter "=if(".
I hope this will be helpful.

i had figured it out last night with =IF(E21>0,1163,0)+E21  =IF(dailycost>0,1163,0)+daily cost.

but now i'm trying to figure out how how to add/multiply equipment cost in another cell for how many day's worked. I tried the formula a few different ways but to no avail. So i had "cheated" by referencing the total costs minus daily to get my equipment costs per day

=SUM(G24-G21,I24-I21,K24-K21,M24-M21,O24-O21,Q24-Q21,E24-E21)