SOLVED

IF Statement with Networkdays

Copper Contributor

i have a spreadsheet that has dates for a time frame and it has a "amount of days" that it has to be completed in while deducting for weekends and holidays.

Here is the formula i am using:

=IF(H4="","",NETWORKDAYS(H4,20,W4:AP4))

Formula resides in cell: I4

"H4" is the date 

"20" is the time it needs to be finished by

"W4:AP4" is where the holidays are stored

Am I doing something wrong??

4 Replies
best response confirmed by R S (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

The second argument of NETWORKDAYS function should be a date, not a whole number.

And this function gives you the net working days between two dates with taking into account the weekends and holidays and subtract from this net!

But I guess that you want to return the due date after a specific number of days (20) with taking into account the weekends and holidays!

If so, please replace this:

With this:

=IF(H4="","",WORKDAY(H4,20,W4:AP4))

will this still remove the weekends along with the holidays i specified in the last part of formula?

Yes of course.

You can read this support article to learn more about this function.

Trust you experience and knowledge on this. (i did have my formula setup just like that and an assistant to my supervisor) went to him and told him her formula was more accurate. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by R S (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

The second argument of NETWORKDAYS function should be a date, not a whole number.

And this function gives you the net working days between two dates with taking into account the weekends and holidays and subtract from this net!

But I guess that you want to return the due date after a specific number of days (20) with taking into account the weekends and holidays!

If so, please replace this:

With this:

=IF(H4="","",WORKDAY(H4,20,W4:AP4))

View solution in original post