I deleted my Excel Survey but external users can still access it and submit responses

Copper Contributor

I have been trying to move my organization (small community foundation) off of Excel Survey and onto Forms or, for more advanced/custom features, a form built in PowerApps. However, even though I deleted the survey from Excel Online, the link that Excel generated to share the survey/accept submissions still worked. I did a test run and it also allowed me to submit a response, even giving me a confirmation message. Because I had technically deleted survey, though, the data from that response did not populate anywhere that I can find (in the Excel sheet or elsewhere).

In short, I am concerned and confused that the link is still working and that we could still get submissions in but won't know it. I can't figure out why this might be happening, even with extensive Googling.

Anyone know how to fix this? Alternatively, does anyone know how to set up a redirect between two SharePoint Online files so if anyone goes to the first Excel Survey link, they are redirected to the right form? (I tried IIS but I think that's for old versions of SharePoint; couldn't configure it.)

Thanks!

0 Replies