SOLVED

How to delete specific email ids from MS Excel 2007.

Copper Contributor

I have 1 list of unsubscribe email ids and lots of lists of subscribers. I want to remove emails contained in Unsubscribed list from all of my Subscribed list.

Is there any formula/option/sorting/filter through which i can directly remove emails contained sheet A from emails list of Sheet 1, Sheet 2 and further from all sheets.

or

If i paste Unsubscribed email ids in column B of all of my subscribed sheets and want to remove those  emails from Column A if any contains.

14 Replies

Hi,

You may add helper column to each of your sheets starting from second one, like

=(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1)>0)

if in column A your ID:s (emails), filter that column on TRUE and remove these rows.

best response confirmed by CS Pooja Arora (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Maybe try something like this based on the description you've given (See attached .xlsx file for reference):

DeleteMe.png

I  am unable to get results. It showed some emails in Column A but those are not from Column B. Kindly explain more on the issue.

Can you please provide some kind of non-sensitive sample mockup file for the community to test their solutions on?  The formula I provided should contain a text string in Column C (not an email) indicating whether you need to delete the value in Column A.  Then you can just filter on Column C and delete the emails in the filter, leaving only the emails that you do not wish to delete.

Hi Matt, it worked very well. Thank you :)

@CS Pooja Arora 

Thank you Matt and Pooja for these contribution though I am following the steps but it hasn't worked for me. Kindly provide clear STEPS. Thank you in advance awaiting your swift respone... Godfrey 

@AfrikaHub 

What exactly doesn't work?

You generate helper column as in sample, apply filter to it on "Delete Me"

image.png

select these two rows, Home->Delete cells and confirm deleting

image.png

after clear filter from helper column

image.png

and delete helper column if not it's not needed any more.

@Sergei Baklan 

I am almost there.....

I have the three Columns just like yours. How to consolidate the 3 Columns to get Uniformity like yours is where I am stuck then DELETING.....  Your assistance will be highly appreciated. Godfrey

@AfrikaHub 

I didn't catch, what do you mean under columns consolidation?

@Sergei Baklan 

Sorry let me reexplain again using your 3 columns (A, B and C) that you had sent earlier...

I have been able to achieve Column B and C EXACTLY like yours e.g (Mum@racers.com Column B) and (Delete Me Column C)

However COLUMN A I am unable to MATCH IT to read as Column B Mum@racers.com???

How do I go about it?

Once I succeed Having COLUMN A and B have the same content (mum@racers.com), I believe it will just be easy to DELETE the rest.

Please advise and thank you in advance for your time and help. Godfrey

@Sergei Baklan 

I hope my above explanation is clear?

What I have currently is as below:

Column A godfrey@mt.com Column B mum@racers.com and Column C Delete Me

godfrey@mt.com is a good email. mum@racers.com is a bad email need to be deleted.

When I looked at your Table you had managed to group good emails together and bad emails together using Delete me and Don't Delete Me.

Mine good and bad are not yet sorted / filtered.

That's where I seek your help?

Should I use SORTING or FILTERING OPTION to get GOOD and BAD emails GROUPED in the right ROW using Delete Me and Don't Delete Me?

Many thnx for you valued time and help God bless you ....

@AfrikaHub 

That is by formula suggested by @Matt Mickle , I only took his sample. Perhaps you have another formal logic how to select what is good and what is bad.

To filter select helper column and apply filter with Data->Filter

@Sergei Baklan 

I have tried several ways but in vain. I was avoiding DELETING EMAILS MANUALLY .... Thanx though for your help. Hope you, myself or the community get a breakthrough on my PENDING ISSUE... Remain blessed....  

@Sergei Baklan

I believe I have the same need as @AfrikaHub 

I couldn't figure out how to attach a file so I just took an example snip.  I'm trying to scrub the list of certain zip codes.  If the zip code in Sheet1 column I equals 68110 or 68111, I want to remove the row & transfer it to Sheet2.

Is there a formula that can do that?

Excel snip.JPG

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CS Pooja Arora (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Maybe try something like this based on the description you've given (See attached .xlsx file for reference):

DeleteMe.png

View solution in original post