How much of each denomination to pull from cash drawer at end of day to leave a certain amount

Copper Contributor

I have been searching for days, and either I find dead links, confusing forums, or not quite what i needed. Heres what im trying to do. 

I need to come up with a calculator essentially where I can input the starting cash amount for the next day, the number of current bills in each denomination and then it will give give the best way to count my drawer down to that starting amount, 320.00 (or as close to it as I can get with whats in the drawer) I need it to pull larger bills first, 50s and 100s, leave at least 80-100 in 20s and the rest small bills. 

( run a tattoo shop, and since we pull tis each night, its helpful to have a good mix of bills.) I know it may seem fairly basic, but sometimes we can have upwards of 2000 in the drawer at the end of a day, and its aggravating when you have to start over when you make a mistake with that much 

I can figure out the denomination calculator for the current drawer count, I just cant figure out the second half.

Denomination    # Of bills     Amount                              Cash Drop

1s                          42                 42.00                                      4 x 100s

5s                           6                   30.00                                     7 x 50s

10s                         2                   20.00                                     1 x 10s

20s                        12                240.00                                     2 x 1s

50s                         7                 350.00

100s                       4                 400.00

Total in Drawer   1082.00

Starting              320.00           Difference 762.00

0 Replies