How do I extract data from one sheet to another, depending on a numerical ranking system?

Copper Contributor

Hey all, I've got a screenshot below to illustrate what I'm working with. But here's the situation.

On the left-hand window (step three), I have a series with a 1-5 ranking system in the next column over. 

My goal is to have the sheet on the right-hand side of the screen (step four) display any of those traits that have a ranking of 3, 4, or 5.

But I don't have the slightest idea how to make a formula that will output that. I apparently don't even know enough about Excel to intelligently search for it, because my research hasn't turned up a thing.

Any suggestions?

Excel.PNG

2 Replies

@aspireworks You'll be much better off if you can structure your data in a flat-file (think database) type structure, and keep all your entries on one sheet:

Name | Trait #1 | Trait #2 | Trait 3

From there you can use PivotTables to summarize. As you add/remove data, just refresh the PivotTables to see the newest updates.

HTH

Hi @aspireworks 

Please see attached example for you, I have used the if function and told it to pull through to the step four sheet any trait that has a value higher than 2 (>2).