SOLVED

How can I compare what is in sheet 1 and not in sheet 2 Context: would like any CPT codes not on

Copper Contributor

How can I compare what is in sheet 1 and not in sheet 2

Context: would like any CPT codes not on Medicare but on MCD100 identified

6 Replies

Agnieszka-

Hope you're doing well.  If you can provide a non-sensitive file with mock up data in it or a screenshot of your scenario it may help to better answer your question.  Typically you could use a vlookup()  in combination with concatenate() for this sort of thing... or potentially some kind of If() statements.

Hi there Matt, 

I appreciate your assistance.  I am attaching a non-sensitive mock up file as an example.  I need to know as an example find if any data is in col A and not in B.  ( same data in both columns? ) 

Thank you sincerely

Agnieszka

best response confirmed by Agnieszka Jankiewicz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Agnieszka-

Please review the example file.  I have included a few different ways of going about the issue.  I think the option on the "Conditional Formatting Example" Worksheet may work better for your needs.

One method uses the match() function to identify if the value is found in one column or the other, while the other method uses native functionality of  "Remove Duplicates" in conjunction with conditional formatting that highlights the duplicates.

Thank you kindly Matt, I will try this on the files I have.  I appreciate your very quick response. 

You're quite welcome.  Feel free to post back if you have any trouble.

I most certainly will be reaching out to you :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Agnieszka Jankiewicz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Agnieszka-

Please review the example file.  I have included a few different ways of going about the issue.  I think the option on the "Conditional Formatting Example" Worksheet may work better for your needs.

One method uses the match() function to identify if the value is found in one column or the other, while the other method uses native functionality of  "Remove Duplicates" in conjunction with conditional formatting that highlights the duplicates.

View solution in original post