Hidden Formulas in Table

Copper Contributor

I'm looking for guidance about an a xslm template I've been tasked with updating. There is a table which is populated with data imported from another excel file. Problem is - there is now new data being provided and the formulas in the table need to be updated to account for this. Clicking "Show Formulas" doesn't show the formulas in the table. Looking through the VBA code from top to bottom the formulas aren't applied to the columns there. Using breakpoints I can see the formulas during the data load. Then, to cut down on recalculations the values are copied and pasted over the cells removing the formula. In essence, I'm just looking to edit the formula in the template pre-data load. Also tried "find" and can't locate them this way. Any help is appreciated!

1 Reply

Update - in a last ditch attempt at a solution - I renamed the file to .zip and then extracted the xml files out. Inside of which, I was able to edit the formulas which were in their table.xml file. Then re-zipped the folders, and renamed the .zip folder to .xlsm which reopened and performed the calculation based on the new formula.