Help creating survey to provide input for existing workbook

Copper Contributor

I have an existing Excel workbook managed through Office 365 that functions as somewhat of an inventory. Each line item is numbered with a unique identifier (e.g. ABC18-0001, ABC18-0002...ABC18-000X), and there are various columns with additional information (description, vendor, part number, etc.). 

I'm hoping to create some kind of pop-up form or survey that will allow users to answer questions and provide info for new entries that will then auto-populate a new line item in the spreadsheet. For example, the survey could ask for the user to input the description, vendor, and part number, and their inputs would auto-populate into the appropriate columns of the spreadsheet in a new row and they would be given the iterative unique identifier (e.g. ABC18-0009). 

I see that I can create a survey through Forms which would populate responses into a NEW workbook, but I would prefer that the pop-up/survey be within the Excel workbook and that it would interface with the existing spreadsheet instead of a new one. 

(Sorry this is a bit confusing; feel free to ask clarifying questions).

Looking forward to hearing any insight / tips you may have.

1 Reply
Try searching for vba userforms

You should be able to create a form that will let you put info in any column you like..