SOLVED

[HELP] My Excel can't display or create the graphics

Copper Contributor

When I opened a xlsx file with graphics in it, Excel needed me to authorize it to fix the file. And after I clicked "Yes", the file was opened, but the graphics were NOT displayed. 

And when I tried to create a new graphic with a column of data, nothing happened, not even any error information.

If I tried to insert a new graphic (without designating any data), it said something like "To create a chart, select the cell that contains the data you want to use. ...."

25 Replies

@GoranC36   It happen to me too.  I can see my graphs at the address where the excel files are stored onedrive.live.com, but not in excel.   I do have Office 365 for home.   I will check if when oppening with an old excel 2007 still works and can see my dynamic or normal graphs.

@GoranC36I have noticed that if I log in to OneDrive.live.com (where my Excel files are stored) and use Excel Online all my files can be opened without any problems. Obviously Excel Online has not yet been updated to the same version as Office 365 Excel. A comment from Microsoft is appreciated.

@wrote6hs I had the same Issue. Try to restart your computer. It helped me.

best response confirmed by wrote6hs (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Guys, it turned out it was something to do with another software. My situation was caused by a downloading software Xunlei. When I uninstalled it, it damged something about Excel in the registry.

I called the tech-support of Microsoft, it cost me 37 RMB btw, the guy told me to reinstall my OS.

What?!!!! That's all you get? Can I take my money back?!

But he did give me a hint that there was something wrong with my own software.

So I tried to restore the circumstance in which Excel was good.

And then, problem solved, somehow, except this Xunlei is pretty annoying.

It's working again. Recently had another update, the office icons changed (that's how i noticed) and everything is working again.
no restart, no skype, no second program. Just a bug in office 32bits. 64bits worked fiine. I even reinstalled office. So, I guess it was an office bug.

@Andre_Santos10 

At my computer excel graphics works again OK after a Windows update today. Finally, after weeks of worries that my work in excel (several hundreds of documents) was lost.
Note. Power Point files were damaged as well, but that is over now: they are back in original shape..