Fuzzy Lookup Exact match not working!

Copper Contributor

Hi all !

First off. I am running Excel 2013 64 bit on a Windows 7 pro system and i have i problem!

I'm trying to use the excel plugin "Fuzzy Lookup": https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15011

in the config menu u can chose multiple Match Columns and configure them to Default or Exact match.

In my first column i want to use exact match, and in the second, i want to use default.

But when i run the program it does not give me a exact match in the first column!!!

I need help to problem solve this!

Sorry for the bad english and have a happy new year!

3 Replies

Please let us know exactly what you want to do, it's better to give us some screenshots and samples of your data.

You can use the exact match or default match to get a result as below screenshot :

Fuzzy Lookup Example.png

@Haytham Amairah 

I have the same problem. For example, I want that it matchs exactly the CP (with first priority) then matchs with default the name of cities. It means that i'd rather prefer to have a lower similarity for the name of the city but be sure that it's the same zipcode ( by the way the match with zip code had a way worse results the exact match):

fuzzy.PNG

Can you please help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

@YassineBen7

Sorry about the late reply!

I tried to reproduce the problem on my own worksheet but without success!

Please check out this video as it may help you!

Regards