Frequency function for counting dates

Copper Contributor

Hello,

New to this board, new to Excel, hours of reading and very confused and not very computer literate.  

I need for each client to count out weeks for six months starting July 15, 2019 until December 24, 2019.  It could be 4, 6 or 8 weeks depending on the client.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong and was hoping someone skilled could give me idiot directions.  

Thanks for your time.

5 Replies
Please cite specific inputs and your desired output for each input.

@Twifoo 

All the formula's I am getting is making just as lost as when I read about it online.  I need something much more dumbed down.  Years ago someone went to opening page of excel.  Clicked on the top from general to short date, fill, then series, and this little box popped up but I do not remember what they did from that point on.  Whatever they did, it threw out all the dates based on how often the appointment was.

If someone has an appointment every 6 weeks starting July 15th until December 15th for example, instead of me counting it by hand, it just did it without all the formula stuff.  Thanks

@muttmower , based on you description you start from Home->Fill-Series

image.png

Here is like

image.png

(42 is 6x7) and the result is

image.png

Dates are to be typed in your locale default format.

Alternatively you may use in Z2

=Z1+42

and drag it down till desired date

@Sergei Baklan 

THANK YOU!!  Good heavens that is it.  Simple now to do 289 people.  You are a lifesaver Sergei for making this idiot proof for those of us who have no idea what we are doing on excel.  Big hugs to you!

@muttmower , Excel is infinite, each of us from time to time finds something new in it.

You are welcome.