SOLVED

Formula Help

Copper Contributor

I run a pick-up basketball program at a local gym. We started requesting everyone who plays to sign a waiver form. I need an easy way to see if guys walking in have signed this form or not without asking every single person. We'll have 100+ guys throughout a few months showing up. I was looking to manage this on excel rather than shuffling through papers.

My idea was to record names of those who signed the waiver on one spreadsheet and to record daily attendance on another. Is there a way I can type in a name on my attendance sheet and excel tell me, through a formula, whether that name exists on the other sheet containing everyone who signed the waiver?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by nstrong (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @nstrong

Would something like the attached file work?

@Wyn Hopkins

Yes that does work! Thank you!

Could you use the ifs function for adding last names in a separate column? Or would that overcomplicate the process?

We have several guys with either the same first or last name. I keep them in separate columns for the sake of organization.

Hi

If you want to have separate columns for first and last name I'd then combine them using the & operator as per the attached.

That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate all your help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nstrong (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @nstrong

Would something like the attached file work?

View solution in original post