SOLVED

Formating Graph vAxis with mm:ss time format. HOW?

Copper Contributor

Hi All, I am new here. I have a small Excel (2010) job where I need to format the secondary vAxis and define the min. and max. value (I try to add a screen shot). So let me explain. Currently and based on the data given the Axis shows a range from 5:46 to 7:03. But I want the line graph to display the few data that are within the range between 6:00 minutes and 7:00 minutes. The step should be every 10 seconds. When I choose Format Axis >> Axis Options I can choose between Automatic and Fixed. I presume I choose fixed. And here the main problem; I have no idea how to enter the value to reflect what I want - e.g. 6:00. 6:10, 6:20 ..... 7:00 Any help please? Many thanks

3 Replies
best response confirmed by gz4lr5vsdl8s (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

In Excel days are integers and time are decimal numbers (01:00 hour represents number = 1/24, etc.). Graph takes your time as numbers. You may enter into the cells you max and min time, apply General format and add that values to axis format. Same for the step. Like this

image.png

and attached

Hi Sergei, awesome that worked well. Much appreciated. Your added file helped a lot. See my screenshot.

Read you another time.

So far so good, you are welcome

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gz4lr5vsdl8s (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

In Excel days are integers and time are decimal numbers (01:00 hour represents number = 1/24, etc.). Graph takes your time as numbers. You may enter into the cells you max and min time, apply General format and add that values to axis format. Same for the step. Like this

image.png

and attached

View solution in original post