Find & Replace, NOT Finding!

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am having trouble finding words in an excel worksheet. I tried multiple options with the Find & Select, but when I type in a name or words that I know are in the excel sheet, nothing shows up. 

After scrolling through the excel document and locating the text I was searching for, I will match it exactly into Find & Select and it still does not recognize it?!

Please help, I'm on a deadline and have hundreds to go through!

4 Replies

Hi

Is the text a result of a formula? Then klick on "Options" and change "Look in:" from "Formulas" to "Values".

excel-find-replace-select

yes I have tried that, still no luck

Hi Kimberly,

Could you please send us any sample

- create new workbook;

- put any text in 2-3 cells

- send it to us informing which text in it you try to find (if that doesn't work)

Thanks

i am new to Excel, and just starting to learn it in my business computer class. my teacher recommends this site to try their downloadable practice documents https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/excel2013 yet whenever i try finding something i know is there like a website, i get an error in find and replace telling me it was unable to find what i was looking for, and to look in options, when i do that, it tells me its something to do with my settings for Excel itself that i have no idea to get to, despite my trust settings set to allow downloaded documents to be edited soon as i open them. here is the pic asking me to look in options that are clearly visible yet at the same time unable to find what is also clearly there i would like to replace!