Filtering desired domains email address

Brass Contributor

Hi All,
Thanks in advance for helping me out. I have a situation where I have a column of domains which maybe around 500 & I have another column which has around 58k email addresses. Now, what the intention is that, I have to find out that among 58k email addresses how many are matching the 500 domains and list them. Below is what I already tried:

Advanced filter, V lookup & H lookup, but I am not able to get what I am looking for, so kindly help me as I am not that really good in Excel.

I have also attached an example's screenshot, so that I can explain myself better.

Thanks & regards,

PoorMens_Bravo

4 Replies

Hi,

I would suggest this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(C2,$A$2:$A$14))))

Count a domain's number of occurrences.png

Regards

HI Amairah,

Thanks for the reply, what I am looking for is the list where email address matches the domains and those to be filtered out and not the count of how many are actually existing.

Hi,

You can use the Advanced Filter as below screenshot:

Advanced Filter.png

Please note that the header of the List Range and the Criteria Range should be the same.

To learn more about the Advanced Filter, please see my reply on this similar question.

As the screenshot above, you need to surround each domain name with an asterisk character.

But since you have almost 500 names, I think you want a formula to automate this task.

So, I suggest using this formula:

=REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,1,0,"*"),LEN(A1)+2,0,"*")

Hope that helps

Capture.PNG

I thought the column" Custom" could have been what you wanted