Excel

Copper Contributor

I recently tride to input new data into a worksheet and it no longer will sum the total information. 

The sheet is unprotected, curious what the issue might be to get the formulas to populate the results of additional data entered?  Where would I look?

Thanks,

Lloyd

7 Replies
Perhaps the cells are formatted as text. Format the cells as General and then re-enter all of the data (joking).
Serisouly: Select the cells in question, they should display a green triangle and a small icon pops up. Click the icon and have Excel convert the numbers to real numbers.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thanks for the feedback.  However, unfortunately the line items in question do not have the green triangle, they merely sum the totals above.  Up until today it worked just fine, pretty simple excel file yet the issue is bugging me, not sure what I could have clicked to have all the sum total formuals stop updating.

Calculation set to manual perhaps?
My guess is that you inserted rows into which you entered additional data but such additional rows were not included in your SUM formula. Please check the range of your SUM formula and ensure that the additional rows are included therein.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Yes, somehow they got turned to manual, that fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

Lloyd

@Twifoo 

Thanks for your help, somehow the calculation got turned to manual.

Thanks,

Lloyd

You're welcome.