Excel sheet with coding not working

Copper Contributor

I have this excel drawing register which has been coded using Visual Basic however I have no idea about coding. When I open the sheet I immedietly get an error when clicking anywhere referencing an error in the code.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue, the file is attached. 

6 Replies
The VBA code complains about two system files which are not on your system (probably because they are no longer part of Windows):
c:\Windows\SysWOW64\msmask32.ocx
and
c:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

Thanks. Any ideas if it can be fixed?

Your best bet would be to make sure the file does not use these controls to begin with. Both are part of an external library which is no longer part of the default Windows installation. Also, you will have to make sure every computer which needs to use this Excel file will have to be updated to include both ocx files. I can see in the code that the common controls library is there because the programmeer added a date picker control to the VBA. This can be replaced with a version which does not use any external libraries, as demonstrated here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/addins/datepicker.htm

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

How will this alter the code in VBA? The worksheet doesn't work and it keep highlighting the attached.

I am guessing I need to edit that bit to reflect what you posted?Capture.PNG

The page I linked to has some instructions how to use it.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I have tried to follow those but not sure how to replace the existing code with what is suggested. I don't think it is like for like?

Hopefully if I manage to sort that then the spreadsheet will work.