Excel sheet as a calculator for import and export

Copper Contributor

I'm wondering if there is a way to have Excel take an input value from one sheet, put that value into the calculation sheet and then have the calculation sheet produce an output value onto the first sheet for that input. In effect one table contains values to import to the calculation sheet and it reports the calculated values which were output by the calculation sheet. My calculation sheet is very complex but all I need it to do is input my values, run each one and spit out a result for each input value. I only have one input value and one output value for each size of cable.

Thanks

2 Replies
Given the complexity of your calculation sheet, you need to provide a simplified version thereof.

@scampbell87 

Is there an example of the calculation somewhere?

The answer would appear to be 'Yes, this is basic functionality of Excel' but I suspect there is a catch somewhere!  One point, though, concerning the way in which the problem is stated: "is there is a way to have Excel take an input value from one sheet, put that value into the calculation sheet ".  Excel never takes a value from one place and puts it somewhere else; that would require procedural code such as VBA.  Using Excel worksheet formulas, one builds a formula at the end point that references the calculation that, in turn, references the input.