SOLVED

Excel scenario multiple cell selection issue

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I try to use scenario to change 3 cells content.

I type a name then I select the 3 cells by using ctrl+click (as usual): I get $G$27 $H$27 $B$11 then I click OK.

At that time only one cell is proposed for data value: the first one so $G$27.

I tried also to select $G$27 $H$27 as a vector: so I get $G$27:$H$27 $B$11. In this case the 2 first rows are proposed for value changing but not the third one...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for support.

BT, Francois

6 Replies

Hi Francois,

If you'd like to add some value to all selected cell when select your cells, in formula bar type the value and press Ctrl+Enter

HI Sergei,
Well, doesn't work.
What I've found is that when editing the scenario afterword only the first cell or vector appears. It looks like the extra cell is never saved, thus it does not ask for value.
Note that I'm using a french version of excel, that may be the issue here as I've seen somewhere that cells should be separated by ',' for me I only have something that look like space but is not.
Thanks,

Perhaps I misunderstood your scenario, let me repeat. You select you cells, click on nothing

image.png

after that you by mouse focus on formula bar and type something (while you are typing the value will appear in the ast selected cell), at the end Ctrl+Enter

image.png

IMHO, it doesn't depend on which Excel SKU you use.

Hi,

What I mean about scenario is the feature available in data ribbon: "What-If Analysis"->"Scenario Manager". This allows saving use case (scenario) where some cells have pre-defined value.

Hi,

Nobody else has same issue I have ?

Regards
Francois

best response confirmed by Franf44 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I eventually solved the issue. Indeed I had same issue with some excel functions that request more than one parameters.

The problem was located in windows parameters where list separators was set to ';' and ','.

I removed the ',' and everything is now back to normal.

Multiple cell selection create list with ; separator now  e.g. $G$27:$H$27;$B$11 instead of $G$27:$H$27 $B$11

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Franf44 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I eventually solved the issue. Indeed I had same issue with some excel functions that request more than one parameters.

The problem was located in windows parameters where list separators was set to ';' and ','.

I removed the ',' and everything is now back to normal.

Multiple cell selection create list with ; separator now  e.g. $G$27:$H$27;$B$11 instead of $G$27:$H$27 $B$11

View solution in original post