SOLVED

Excel interface broken

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Hope my English will be understood !

Since yesterday, the various pieces of my Excel's interface are loose, instead of beeing integrated into one unique window combining code window, project control, aso. I don't know how it happened. Probably a wrong command I did but since I didn't notice it, I can't undo it !

Can anybody help me ?

Tank you in advance.modules 1 & 2 & the project superposed.modules 1 & 2 & the project superposed.

Pierre

8 Replies

Hi,

Go to (Project - VBAProject) window, and double-click the title bar in order to move the window to its default position.

Do the same thing for one of the other windows.

Regards

Thank you Haytham,

Probably I didn't understand well your suggestion because now all my contents (Project, module 1 , module 2)  are no longer visible together on my screen. When I click "display" this or that, new contents appear separately in the same window, each one replacing the other. And I don't know how to do in order to have the 3 windows displayed, like on my screen attached to my firts post.

Do you know what happened ?

I need really help because its not possible to work with Excel in this configuration !

Thank you in advance

regards

Pierre

Hi,

Please see the screenshot below to understand what I talking about.

VBA Editor.png

If you want to set the view as the previous view in the previous post, go to the menu of Window  >>  Cascade

Regards

Hi Haytham,

I tried to follow your instructions but a new problem appeared: now I have only one excel window left on the screen and when I click Display (Affichage in French) each view (code module 1, code 2, project) replaces each other in the unique window.

Waht I would like to see is as on screen capture below (from an older Excel version):

I would preferably re-install Excel but it is the 2016 version and I have no CD of the software !

I'm completely stuck !

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Please show me a screenshot of what you got so far.

Hi Haytham,

Thank you  for surveying this issues.

Surprise: there is a new configuration:  I've got 4 windows in "cascade", but I didn't click anything since my last post ! Here is the screen capture:

shoot3_screen.PNGThank you for your help.

Regards

Pierre

best response confirmed by Pierre RUEL (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

Please see the below GIF to figure out how to change the view.

VBA_Editor.gif

Hi Haytham,

Thank you very much.

It was very difficult to follow your GIF because the appearance of my copy of Excel was very different of the one of yours. In the meantime I searched everywhere and went to Tools, Options and there I found "Ancrage" (achorage,  anchor ?). I puit a "V" in all six squares and my RExcel recovered its default view !

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Pierre

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pierre RUEL (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

Please see the below GIF to figure out how to change the view.

VBA_Editor.gif

View solution in original post