Excel formula help

Copper Contributor

Hi Guys, robably very simple but i can do it... How do i copy a block of 7 rows down in 7's on excel? Example would be copying =sum(A1:A7) and making the copy come out as =sum(A8:A12) - =sum(A12:A18)..... etc

7 Replies

@watche87 , if your first formula is in first row, when

=SUM(INDEX(A:A,1+(ROW()-ROW($A$1))*7):INDEX(A:A,7+(ROW()-ROW($A$1))*7))

and drag in down. Sample is in attached file.

Thanks so much Sergei but i still cant make it work. So if i am putting the information onto a new sheet from a sheet called Daily2018 and block of 7 rows i want to copy would be D4:D10 what would the formula be then?

@Sergei Baklan 

@watche87 , sorry, perhaps I misunderstood you. You'd like to copy information from one sheet to another by blocks of 7 rows; or you would like to make the calculations on the blocks of 7 rows? If you could provide small sample file that helps.

@Sergei Baklan So i want to copy the weekly DRINK total figure over to my new sheet to create a week on week graph of 2018 v 2019.

Please see example attached.

Thanks

@watche87 , with above formula that will be

=SUM(INDEX(Daily2018!D:D,2+(ROW()-ROW($B$3))*7):INDEX(Daily2018!D:D,8+(ROW()-ROW($B$3))*7))

As variant that could be

=IFNA(SUM(OFFSET(Daily2018!$D$1,MATCH(A3,Daily2018!A:A,0)-1,,7)),0)

if only each your week has exactly 7 days. It could be SUMIFS or SUMPRODUCT if reorganize your data a bit and have week number in each row.

@Sergei Baklan that worked Sergei, thanks your a genius!!

@watche87 , you are welcome