SOLVED

Excel formula help

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an excel formula and don't know how to start.  I know what I want it to do, but don't know how to make it work.  Please see the attached PDF.  Thanks!

Dean

25 Replies

Great!  That's just amazing what you can do with Excel.  I need to learn more for sure!

Dean

Hi,

I have one more request.  Under the tab 6th-8th draft, I wanted to be able to add player requests that are linked with the player name to the player they want.  Is that possible?  So for example for Lauren Carter's team, in round 3, player Carter has a request for player Maunu, but that information is on the contact page.  Can that work?  Thanks!

Dean

Hi again,

You can use this formula for each request column:

=IFERROR(INDEX(CONTACT!I:I,MATCH(B4,CONTACT!B:B,0))&"","")

But it will return the full player name that corresponds to each member in the Contact sheet.

Oh my goodness.  That's incredible!  Thanks so much!

Dean

I have another problem that I wanted to see if you could help with.  If not, that's ok.  Attached is another Excel sheet.  I want to be able to track teams playing against teams without having to copy paste everything each time.  If I plug in a coaches name in game 1, I want the players rostered.  Then when I put in the points for each player, I want that to put the number into the Totals tab so that can track the players points during the season.  Is this something that Excel can do?  Thanks!

Dean

Hi,

I'm sorry, but this is not easy!

You need to rearrange the data in Teams sheet to make the players to next coach head.

You can hide these extra columns or make their font color White.

After that, you can use some sort of functions to link them to the Game 1 sheet.

Please see the attached file.

to signify any formula first type =