Excel formula help please!!

Copper Contributor
Hello, I am desperately in need of some help/advice. I am creating an excel sheet for work. I am creating a document that tracks how many "false calls" people make. Once they get to 3 false calls in a year; they are billed a fee. I need two formulas or any advice on what to do to make it happen. I need to be notified when 3 of the same items (in this case, addresses or incident numbers) come up in the worksheet within a year of the first incident date. I also would like to have the whole row delete itself after a certain date, i.e., 365 days after the date inputted. Any help/advice is appreciated!! Thank you in advance.
2 Replies

Hello @Office_Girl ,

one approach without formulas would be to build a pivot table. Use the Incident number in the row, then drag a text field into the values are, so you get a count of each incident number. You can then use a timeline slicer to set the desired time frame.

For more specific help, please upload a sample file with dummy data, so we can see what you see.

Hello @Ingeborg Hawighorst Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the help. I am attaching the document. It's a very simple document. I don't have any data in the form just yet. I am creating the document for someone else to use. I would like it to notify me when 3 of the same address/incident number comes up within 365 days from the first date place in the worksheet. For example; if I placed incident number 123 on July 1, 2019; I want to be notified when 2 more of those incident numbers (123) comes up within 365 days of July 1, 2019. I also would like for it to delete the row of incident number 123 when its been 1 year since the date shown in the table. For example; when July 1, 2019 came, I would like the table to automatically delete the incident number 123 row the day after July 1, 2019, does that make sense? Can I do that?