SOLVED

Excel Spreadsheet cell (multiple issues)

Copper Contributor

I'll try to explain concisely what I am trying to do. I have reports from one company & reports from another - the information in the reports has one thing in common; an email address.

I'm attempting to automate, whereby on one worksheet file I can extract all the information in the row from one report source plus all the information in the row from the 2nd report source IF they have the email address in common. Is this even possible?

Can provide worksheets as example if this will help. 

Absolute beginner here, btw.

Cheers!

9 Replies

Hi@LGBroker Yes, its possible try the vlookup function.

Hello @LGBroker,  Attached please find a sample file that would help to explain Vlookup() functions. You can apply same formula in your sheets accordingly.

You may also share the file if you want me to incorporate this formula in that file.

Thanks,

Tauqeer

Hi @tauqeeracma ,

You're brilliant!  I was unable to make it work however as needed.

I've attached a sample file with the various worksheets & what I'm attempting to consolidate - are you able to apply the relevant formula to make it work? 

Your assistance very much appreciated!

HI@LGBroker 

Your file is updated as per your requirements. Hope it will help.

Tauqeer

@tauqeeracma 

Hi Tauqueer, 

It looks great  - but not quite what I was attempting.

I've input extra information under the two other worksheets - I'm trying to have this info (as per your last amendments) populate in the 'applicant email' column (E) in the Consolidated worksheet IF the same email appears in Unsettled example worksheet in column E & column D in the Daily Extract Example worksheet.

I couldn't figure out how to make that work as is contingent upon two 'IF's'.

Can it be done?

best response confirmed by LGBroker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

HI@LGBroker 

Check this file, hopefully it will match your requirements.

Please let me know.

Tauqeer

Hi Tauqueer,

I've discovered a further problem.

It's been set up so IF the email address occurs in either tab (=IFERROR(VLOOKUP('Unsettled example'!E4,'Daily extract example'!$D$2:$D$142,1,0),"")) but upon entering the information in the last spreadsheet under the Unsettled example tab & Daily Extract tabs it doesn't work. The formula needs to take into account the email address may appear anywhere under either of those tabs - if there is a match, then the corresponding info to that email address needs to populate.

This was my intent at the start (hence my problems) - is this actually possible?

@tauqeeracma - sorry tauqueer, incomplete spreadsheet was attached.

@LGBroker I think data was not populating because you added some new columns and that disconnect the link in 'Consolidated' tab.

Anyhow, I have updated the file and now all required data is appearing.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LGBroker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

HI@LGBroker 

Check this file, hopefully it will match your requirements.

Please let me know.

Tauqeer

View solution in original post