Excel Splitting 2 workbooks horizontally

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to view two different Excel workbooks horizontally, but for some odd reason I am not able to. 

Both workbooks split, but I cant not view them at the same time. I have tried closing both workbooks, and reopen them and follow the same step, but it is not working.

Please help or assit

9 Replies
What menu option did you use or which mouse or keyboard action did you use please?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I have the same problem. I looked up what to do in the help section, but when I follow the steps I still don't get to view both screens in one view. Furthermore I also can't minimize the excel screens. Maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe it's a general setting instead of an excel setting?

Hope someone can help. It takes a lot of time when you have to compare 2 documents like this.

Best regards,

Annemarie

What happens if you activate either window and then hit this key combination: Windows key + Left (or Right) arrow key?

Unfortunately nothing

Perhaps the workbook is protected using Excel 2010 or older with the Windows option checked. This protection disables changing the size of the workbook windows. In older incarnations of Excel 2016, this protection cannot be undone. In the more recent builds of Office 365 this type of protection is ignored and windows can be resized.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I tried copying the content to a new document using my current version of Excel 2016, and tried to resize the window after, but still no luck….

If you start Excel in safe mode (press and hold control key while you launch Excel), does it work?

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thanks for your suggestions. Turns out I had 2 versions of Office 365 on my computer, which caused it to malfunction. Their helpdesk finally fixed it for me. :)

Excellent! Glad you got it fixed.