Excel Query Editor

Copper Contributor

Anyone here know of a way I can put a function into the value of the date field that makes it check for the upcoming Wednesday and the Wednesday after that. Since I built this one Tuesday that made it 7/24 and 7/31.

Thanks!

3 Replies

@Ghostey ,

You may apply your filter with dates using calendar, after that in Advanced editor change this step on something like

let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    // #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [StartDate] > #date(2019, 7, 31) and [StartDate] < #date(2019, 8, 7))
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(
        Source,
        each
            [StartDate] > Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfWeek(DateTime.LocalNow(),Day.Wednesday),7) and
            [StartDate] < Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfWeek(DateTime.LocalNow(),Day.Wednesday),14)
    )
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

It is assumed [StartDate] is in datetime format and we ignore time of the day. If not, bit more adjustments are required.

@Sergei Baklan 

THANKS!! This is almost perfect. What adjustment can I make so I can include a time. My field is a Date / Time where for the Start Date I need it to be 9:15:00 AM on the upcoming and 9:14:59 AM on the second.

@Ghostey 

You may add #duration, parameters are days, hours, minutes, seconds, as

let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],
    // #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(PrevStep, each [StartDate] > #date(2019, 7, 31) and [StartDate] < #date(2019, 8, 7))
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(
        Source,
        each
            [StartDate] >
                Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfWeek(DateTime.LocalNow(),Day.Wednesday),7) +
                #duration(0,9,15,0) and
            [StartDate] <
                Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfWeek(DateTime.LocalNow(),Day.Wednesday),14) +
                #duration(0,9,14,59)
    )
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Exact seconds in duration depends on do you use > / < or <= / <=