Excel Problem

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a little problem with listing data from a database.

I need to sort data by weeks, but i have dates so i said to Excel which date belongs to monthweek no.1,2,3.. you get the point.

Then with that, i would like to list the data which are in the same week category(it has multiple columns, that's why i think it's difficult.)

Thank you for help.

3 Replies

@Norbijo , you may use WEEKNUM() or ISOWEEKNUM() to find on which week of the year the date is. Or you'd like to count weeks within each month separately? 

@Sergei Baklan i did that part, i figured it out. Now i have the weeknumbers for each month (1 to 5, because i month has a max. of 5 week), my question is, if a select a week(such as week No.01), how to list all of the data that fits into that category(because i have personal data and each of them has a date)?

@Norbijo , other words select all data from the range or table for the concrete week and copy them into another place within workbook, correct?

That could be Power Query, could be formulas, depends on how your data is structured. Better discuss that with sample file.