SOLVED

Excel Pivot Table

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I have a question on Pivot Tables and Charts.  I want to know how to add new data to a Pivot Table when you have already completed a Pivot Table chart.  For instance, on the Pivot Table I used names of states and numbers of female to male doctor ratios within that state.  When I completed the clustered column chart, I later saw that I missed a state and its information.  When I tried to put the information in I was not able to.  How do I add the information without having to start all over?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Nikki_G2019 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello!

In order to add data to your pivottable, you need to add data to the original datatable. Probably tab 1.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi, there,@robertpaegelow

Well, we can always add data to the source table and then refresh manually the pivot table or automacally, when opening the workbook. But..

Is there a way to update data in the pivot table really dynamically, that is, right after adding or changing data in the original source table (without having to manually refresh the pivot table, or automacally, opening again the workbook)? 

Thanks in advance

umbertojmf

Yes, I want to add new data, but what do I do to get the Pivot Table to re-execute to include the new data?

@umbertojmf & @Mac Lingo Unfortunately there is no built-in feature that does what you want (at least what i know of). I'm pretty sure that the only way to achieve the auto-update is by using a macro. 

I've found a pretty good guide, hope that this helps you in the right direction.

https://www.excelcampus.com/vba/refresh-pivot-tables-automatically/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nikki_G2019 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello!

In order to add data to your pivottable, you need to add data to the original datatable. Probably tab 1.

View solution in original post