Excel IF help

Copper Contributor

i am creating an excel sheet to try and show a basic configurator.

i have the following which shows that if copier desk is selected in call F9 then the cell will read DK-510 Copier desk. =IF(F9="Copier desk", "DK-510 Copier desk")

i would like the cell to also say if f9 = 500 sheet tray then the cell will show PF-514.

basically i want to be able to chose an option and show  version of the option in the cell.

the below works if a number is shown (for a different cell), but i need the same for the selected word/words - is this possible?

i thought something like this - =IF(F9="Copier desk", "DK-510 Copier desk", IF(F9=''500 Sheet tray'',''PF-514'')) - but this doesnt work

=IF(F3>657,"INEO+658 (Includes 2x 500 sheet cassette)",IF(F3>=558,"INEO+558 (Includes 2x 500 sheet cassette)",IF(F3>=458,"INEO+458 Includes 2x 500 sheet cassette)")))

8 Replies

@jh1979 

If replace doubled single apostrophes on double apostrophes the formula works

=IF(F9="Copier desk", "DK-510 Copier desk", IF(F9="500 Sheet tray","PF-514"))

But I'm not sure when that was introduced, typing the post or in Excel

thanks this now works - i think i'd actually made an error in my typing. But thanks for your help - @Sergei Baklan 

can i add more options to this formula? i would like 4 or 5 options in there. currently there are 2@Sergei Baklan 

This for example - =IF(F9="Copier desk", "DK-510 Copier desk", IF(F9="500 Sheet paper feed cabinet","PF-514", if(f9= ''TWO 500 Sheet paper feed cabinet'',''PC-512''))) - but this doesnt work@Sergei Baklan 

Please ignore previous messages, i have figured it out. Many thanks

@Sergei Baklan 

@jh1979 

Okay, so far so good. As a comment, better not to hardcode your texts into the formulas, but put the in some helper range, like

image.png

With that your formula could be transformed to

=LOOKUP(F9,$B$1:$B$10,$C$1:$C$10)

@Sergei Baklan sorry from the last message - i would like to add items from sheet 2 to the top of sheet 4 if nothing selected from sheet 1.

@jh1979 

Sorry, but I didn't catch. Could you please provide small sample to illustrate the task.