SOLVED

Excel Formulas

Copper Contributor

Excel 2013: I want a cell to be blank or have a value based on data/no data in a specific cell and data/no data in a range of cells.

So in cell AJ7 I want either a numerical value or no value.

Cell B7 has either a name or no name (however the cell has a formula associated with it). It gets populated with Names from another sheet in the workbook.

Cells C7:AG7 either have data (A, N, L, V, or H) or no data.

If Cell B7 has data and Cells C7:AG7 have no data: Cell AJ7 needs to have a numerical value of (.5).

If Cell B7 has data and Cells C7:AG7 have data: Cell AJ7 needs to have a value of (0).

If Cell B7 has no data and Cells C7:AG7 have no data: Cell AJ7 needs to have no value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I can get a value in AJ7 if I use COUNTA for the range of Cells A7:AG7 but if I add a variable for Cell B7 (or Sheet2!B7) I generally get notified that the formula is not a formula. I have tried to add "AND" but no work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Formulas that produce a value in AJ(x), but do not include the secondary variable --

=IF(COUNTA(C7:AG7)=0, ".5","0")

=IF(COUNTA('Employee Names'!B7)=0,"0",".5")

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Formula with "AND" that does not work: (you've entered too many arguments)

=IF(AND(COUNTA('Employee Names'!B7="1")),C7:AG7,"0",".5")

21 Replies

@Detlef Lewin 

Thanks for all your help. This is way beyond my knowledge level and I am getting blasted for continuing the conversation. I have a workaround that I can implement. I don't know how to close a conversation, but I won't be adding any more to this. Again thanks.

Hi Sir,

Recently we have upgraded to office 365. After upgradation we are unable to use Erlang B formula npxcel32. Please provide your suggestion how to make to make it workable. Thank you.

Rony