Excel - Conditional Formatting Formula Help

Copper Contributor

Hello all!

I'm trying to analyze two pivot tables and I would like to create a conditional formatting formula that will highlight matches and discrepancies. The values I want to compare are on separate pivot tables and aren't in order, each value has a serial number and I'd like to compare the numbers that have the same serial number, how can I do that?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, and thank you in advance for the help!

5 Replies

Hi, it sounds like you don't necessarily need to the conditional formatting, but rather just want to see if there are discrepancies between the two lists of serial numbers, correct?

In this case, I would just do a basic VLOOKUP between the two lists to see where the discrepancies are, and then apply a conditional format to that column where you look to see if there are any matches. If you post a screenshot of what you are looking to do I can better help you answer the question.

I want to find the matches and discrepancies of QTY and Amount for each individual part number. It looks something like this:Capture.PNG

Hi, these don't look like pivot tables, just regular tables in Excel. They are different datasets right? I would put a VLOOKUP() formula in column D to compare if the IDs in column A are found in the two other tables to the right of the 1st table, make sense?

The ID's in column A are all in the other two tables, I want to analyze their respective quantities and price are the same, does that make sense?

I see. Yes in column D I would do a VLOOKUP to pull in the quantities and amounts from the other two tables, and set up another column to compare the numbers with the 1st table.