Excel Chart Help

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm having a difficult time building a chart in Excel, and I was looking for some help from you talented users! I'm hoping it's an easy solution that I'm simply overlooking, but I haven't really worked with charts since college.

I'm collecting data (mm:ss) on how long people are talking on a stage at different locations for the company I work for and I'd like to build a chart that shows the various times (18:00 to 35:00) at various locations (1 - 6) plotted on a date/time chart. I'd like each location to be a different "series" which I was able to get...but I can't seem to get any information to populate in the actual chart.

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 12.03.46 PM.png

I've tried different charts, cell formats, help videos and I'm finally at a point that I don't know what else to try. Could someone give me a hand or point me in the right direction? 

1 Reply

Hi, At first I thought it was because your time values were set as text and not time, but I still couldn't get them to plot after changing the format. In the end I changed your time to decimal numbers and that plotted OK.  Have attached your spreadsheet so you can see what I did.