Excel Add-In Barcode Guru has stopped working properly - is showing DEMO

Copper Contributor

Have been using Barcode Guru since 15/01/2018 (when purchased - Microsoft Invoice and Store screenshot attached showing is still working).

Has been working for almost 2 years but since 10/12/2019 has gone back to Demo mode??

Appear to have been Windows and Office updates on 10/12.

It shows in Excel and the Store shows that I own it.

Contacted the Developer (TEC-IT) but they say is not an issue from their side and need to contact Microsoft (screenshot of email reply attached).

Have spoken to multiple Help people at Microsoft but no joy - have repaired Office, have wound Office back to previous version, have removed Add-In and then reinstalled ......

They have now suggested trying the Community.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
If you open Excel and click File, Account, does it show you logged in using the account that was also used when you purchased that add-in? If not, log out of the current account and log on using the correct one. If you are, try logging out and logging back in (from the account page!)

Hi @Jan Karel Pieterse 

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes Excel and the computer are logged-in from the same account that the Add-In was purchased from.

I and 3 separate Microsoft Help staff have tried logging out and then back in.

When we log out the Add-In disappears.

When we login it reappears.

We have removed it and then reinstalled - getting the message "you already own this".

Have repaired Office and started Windows Clean ... all to no avail.

@Mariellevdr Hi Marielle,

I've sent a message to Microsoft about this, hopefully someone will jump in.

In the mean time, you could try clearing the cache and cookies from Internet Explorer (yes, Internet Explorer), as that is the application which seems to be in-between Excel and add-ins from the store.

FIXED!!!! ;)

Thanks @Jan Karel Pieterse for your efforts - not sure if your prompting helped but TEC-IT have come back to say there was an error on the Microsoft side and it has now been fixed (have attached a copy of their email for reference).

After they confirmed fix I have restarted everything and is now working perfectly again.

Excellent, glad my incantations have helped :p