Excel 2016 Power Query crash

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've an issue with a workbook with a number of PowerQueries in it. It's started failing every time that the last query in the chain runs. Sometimes it will crash to desktop, others it will give me the opportunity to "Send a frown".

Copy details in that dialog always returns the same information which I've pasted below. I've not provided the whole stack trace (I've read in other posts that it's only the first 10 or so rows that are relevant) but please let me know if you need more.

Error Message:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.NativeExcelFunctionsMSI.Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.INativeExcelFunctions.RefreshListObject(IntPtr workbookPointer, String listObjectName)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeListObject.TryRefresh()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ConnectionManager.<>c__DisplayClass19.<RefreshFillTargets>b__18()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeSafeInvoker.Invoke[T](Func`1 func)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ConnectionManager.RefreshFillTargets(IWorkbook workbook, Query query)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.PollingFillManager.RefreshConnection(IWorkbook workbook, Query query)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Fill.FillManager.StartRefreshFill(IWindowHandle ownerWindow, IWorkbook workbook, Query query, IQueryServices queryServices)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.ExcelQueryServices.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClass8.<StartRefreshFill>b__5(IUndoScope scope)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.NativeUndoServices.<>c__DisplayClass2.<InvokeUndoableAction>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel.Shim.AddInAndNativeCoAuthServicesMSI.InvokeCoauthAction(IWorkbook workbook, UndoableActionType actionType, Action action)

Running on Office Pro Plus 2016 - Excel about dialog reports version 16.0.4849.1000.

Any help much appreciated.

JM

1 Reply

@JarangMandi I have same problem :(