Home

Excel 2.21 for iPad

regmikewall
Occasional Contributor

This is a follow on to a previous conversation.  Since i upgrade to Excel 2.21 on my iPad, I now have an issue.  I used comments to add information about clients who populate cells, the comments are added and information is added over a period of time using both my iMac and my iPad.  Now I get this message that says essentially I will lose this information if I update Excel.  I was told that the issue is that Excel on the iPad uses 365 type protocol (my words) and standalone Excel on my iMac does not.

So my questions are:

1- can I get version Excel for iPads prior to 2.21(don't know the version prior to the release last week of 2.21) so I can continue to use comments without losing months and in some cases years of data?  (Note: I do not use comments as Excel 365 thinks I should (make a comment and then get replies from other collaborators) Instead I use comments to collect and document data on customers)

2- If i can't get a prior version of Excel that I can access, then is there a way to workaround this issue between Excel 365 (including excel for iPads) and standalone Excel?

3- Can I roll back my version Excel in a different way? (without getting a prior version)

thanks in advance for your help

Michael

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
21 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
cntvertex in Discussions on
13 Replies