EXCEL HELP! cells not matching up with row highlighted

Copper Contributor

Good morning.  I am not a pro in Excel, but it is what I use to build my budgets on for work.  I have recently bought a new MacBook Pro and the latest Microsoft/Excel.  I have this problem when I get to the second page of my budget....the first 4 lines at the top are out of sorts...for instance if I click on Row 61...the indicator on the left shows that I am on Row 64...and it keeps 'jumping' at those rows...and that makes it add wrong, and total wrong...and it's a nightmare.  I am supposed to work on 5 budgets during this holiday and can't get past the first one/second page.  PLEASE HELP - I am in a full blown panic. Thank you, Michele

3 Replies

Hi Michele,

I didn't catch this problem!

A bunch of text sometimes doesn't help!

Please provide further explanation, screenshots, or the workbook itself if you can, in order to figure out the problem.

Regards,

Haytham

@Haytham Amairah 

I think you responded to a similar problem I am having in Excel.

I am working in a worksheet.  The formatting is normal.

Then, I get to the bottom rows and when I highlight a cell to modify it, the highlighted cell is not discreet (meaning it doesn't line up exactly to the cell I am trying to highlight) and it actually selects a cell 2 or 3 rows down.

I can't seem to reformat it to be normal.  Any suggestions?

Hi@BJA3633

I guess that the cell you've selected is merged with another cell!

Please check out this link below learn more about Merge and Unmerge cells:

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/merge-and-unmerge-cells-5cbd15d5-9375-4540-907f-c673a93fced...

Hope that helps