Deleting many connections at the same time on Excel

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I was trying to delete many connections at the same time at "Data<Queries & Connections" tab, but when i click to open the "Connection" tab, i just cant select as many as i want do delete. Before it was easily because in the "Data" tab there was only a "Connections" tab, so i could select various connections pressing "Ctrl" + "Shift" to delete as many as i would. I need to know if theres any way to bring back the "connections" tab instead the "Queries e Connection" tab, or if theres any method to delete many connection at the same time by this new tab.

Thank you

PS: Sorry about my English, its rusty. Hope you understand

4 Replies

Hi Lucas,

I have the same issue, it is annoying. In this thread https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-365/Office-365-Delete-data-connections-in-one-go/m-..., P.R. Ortiz provided some VBA that you can assign to a button. Of course, that deletes _all_ queries and connections which may not be what you need.

It'd be much better if MS made it so that you can select multiple connections/queries in one go indeed.

I totally agree with you, Jaron!

I also used a VBA code to delete all my conenctions, and it worked, but the document still working very very slow.

Well, it'd be awesome if they bring back the old query & connections tab, where we could select as many as we would to delete.

Just to be sure, if it is about Queries, then there is actually a way to do this (Ortiz pointed me to it in the other thread): Data -> Get Data -> Launch Query Editor. Here you can select queries and delete in one go. Not as clean and quick as it used to be but at least something.

For connections we're SOL.

I didn't know about this way to delete Queries, i'll take a look. Now, talking about connections... Err... Waiting for updates