Creating an interactive form/worksheet

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I would consider myself an intermediate level user and need some direction on how/where to start this task. I need to create an interactive form which staff members can fill out and get the appropriate direction. The data is in text form, not numbers/math related. I need to be able to give them options  - like Question 1 would be a yes/no question and based on the response, they need to go to another step in the form and so on. It would essentially work like an interactive flow chart.

I am pretty sure it can be done in Excel because I think I have seen/used them, but I need to know a few things:

What would this be called in "Excel-speak", so I can find the resources I need online?

Can I create this with a user-friendly overlay?

Where is the best place to receive training on exactly how to do this? 

Forgive my ignorance - alas, I sometimes know what I want to do but don't know how or what it's called. =) Any helpful direction is greatly appreciated!!

3 Replies
If you have an Office 365 license you should be able to use Forms for this.
Go to Office.com and log in using your Office 365 credentials. Then click the big + sign and choose "Forms Survey". This post gives some pointers on how Forms work: https://office365atwork.com/forms/create-survey-in-office-365/
Thank you, Jan.
I need my form to also give feedback back to the user. They will be answering yes/no questions & I need the end result to be that they are given the correct instructions on their next step based on their answers. For example, if there are 3 questions & they answer yes to all 3, they need to take one action; if they answer yes to the first, no to the other 2, they need to take a different action, etc. Would Forms have this capability?

Thanks