Create multiple Graphs on one sheet form one pivot table on another sheet

Copper Contributor

I need to create 25 different graphs (All on one sheet) from one Pivot table's data (different sheet), without the pivot table creating multiple different pivot tables.

Also, the graphs need to update every month when the pivot table is updated.

How is this possible?

Currently all data are copied and pasted into different tables and then graphs created from each table.

Thank you

Kind regards

Simone Fick

5 Replies

Hi Simone,

On one Pivot Table you may bild as many different charts as you need, all of them will be updated together with Pivot Table.

In the Ribbon ->PivotTable Tools->Analyze click on PivotChart icon for creating every new chart.

That was your question?

@Sergei Baklan I think It is pretty clear " Create multiple Graphs" multiple means more than one. You just explained how to create a chart which is evidently known already. If he needs to create multiple he must know how to create one.

Sorry for my level of sarcasm, included in this apology

No, you cant have multiple different graphs from the same pivot. If you create more than one, changing one will change all others.
The alternative is to copy and paste values and create many graphs from the value table, or if you want it dynamic, create a parallel table that calls out the values from the pivot table, so every time the pivot changes your parallel table will also change.
You do can create multiple graphs from a table (not pivot) and display different values in every graph

Hello@Simone Fick , an alternative is to Insert a Chart while referencing empty cells, then editing the data references for the Chart thereby referencing the specific Legend Entries (data series) information in your pivot table. (Don't reference information contained in the Grand Total field of the Pivot, as this converts the Chart -> Pivot Chart!) Once you individually add Legend Fields, you can duplicate this chart for X amount of times. Now you can select which Legend Entry (Series) you want by toggling the Filter to the right of the chart.