Copying a Worksheet to another workbook

Copper Contributor

I want to create a master workbook for a project.  I would like to have worksheets that are linked to workbooks that my teammates are responsible for.  I want to have the main "Take Over the World" workbook.  Within that workbook, would like to have worksheets that correspond to action items on our plan that update when I refresh the data if teammates have made changes to their individual worksheets.  I know that I can copy a range of cells and paste it as a link to the master workbook and that it will update with changes, however if there are changes made to the table itself, such as cells being inserted, it does not update correctly to the master workbook.  

I also know that I can create a hyperlink to another file, but I don't want just a hyperlink, I want an exact copy of the data available on the other worksheets, that can be refreshed to show updates.  

I do have Excel Power Query, which I was led to understand would allow for this to work, but I haven't figured it out yet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  

0 Replies