Copying Merged Cells

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am working on updating the terms and conditions for a large number of POs in Excel files.  The terms and conditions have to be the same for all POs, but the first page of the PO is different for each document.  I have a Word document that contains the updated terms and conditions (a numbered list) and this needs to be copied into the Excel files (POs)  on pages 2, 3, and 4.  I have tried a couple approaches so far.  The first, was to create 2 text boxes and paste the terms and conditions into these.  However, there were problems with the text being cut out when printing as well as having to adjust the size of the text boxes for each PO.  The second approach I used was to copy the information from 1 term/condition, paste this into an individual cell, merge, and wrap the text, and click to adjust the height of the row.  After a lot of tinkering, I was able to get the text to evenly space for printing.  Now, I am wondering how to copy this text into a new Excel Sheet (PO) that already has information on page 1.  I tried selecting the text and then selecting the cells in the new sheet, copying and pasting.  However, the format was not transferred over even when using Paste Special and clicking "ALL."  I am looking for a way to quickly copy the formatted, merged cells (about 26 altogether) without having to readjust the row height.  Thank you. 

1 Reply
Would it make sense to save the pages 2 through 4 as many times as you have pos? Sounds like inserting page 1 into the beginning of each would be less likely to break formatting.