Content became link when I copy in excel

Copper Contributor

I have been using ms excel for a long time & currently using ms excel 2016 but now I'm facing an issue.

Actually, I use chrome & when I copy any content or link and then I paste in excel it became a Hyperlink.

For example.

I copy https://www.google.com/ to Chrome & paste this in excel file so it became hyperlink but become but before some time. I used to copy from chrome and paste in excel so it always is copied as simple text.

Here are screenshots.This is a simple text (I want this)This is a simple text (I want this)

I don't wanna this Hyperlink while copy & pasteI don't wanna this Hyperlink while copy & paste

So I want to solve this issue that I'm facing, Just to know a perfect way to fix it.

9 Replies
After copying, paste as text like this:
Alt,H,V,S then select Text and click OK.
Thanks for your reply but @Twifoo this is just working only for one time. It means I will have always Alt,H,V,S for normal text.

I want permanent solution as before, Every text used to copy & paste in normal way (not hyperlink).
Select all cells from which you want to remove hyperlinks (Ctrl+A), then click Hyperlink, Remove Link.
Dear, this is for removing hyperlinks but I'm not looking to remove hyperlinks & I already know how to remove hyperlinks.

I'm looking to know. How a copied text from a Browser, Should be a simple test while pasting in excel sheet.
MS is stuck in the past for many years. What Google can do with CTRL9SHIFT+V, Excel is just starring at you what you actually want.
The only thing I must do every time I need ONLY text to be copied I have to first right-click and then select just values to be pasted. totally stone-age mechanism.
The only scenario where Excel actually starts to understand Ctrl+Shift+V command is in Excel online, but be warned! Excel online will kick you out of the file as it cannot handle like 90% of things desktop excel understands. So totally stone-age software.

You could try right click and select text under paste options. Or, Alt+HVT if you prefer the keyboard.

@JMB17 ALT+H, V, T => transpose?

@david40lee 

For me, it only creates a hyperlink when I paste in the formula bar and hit enter. If I just select a cell and paste, it doesn't hyperlink. But, it appears that it doesn't create a hyperlink when pasting into the formula bar by unchecking this option:

JMB17_0-1644957210436.png

T = paste as text.