SOLVED

Conditional formatting with a different color every time a new number is entered.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

In my list I have a "name" and information linked to that name, so I write "1" as a first case in the A column and then fill the rows next with the information and color all the rows that belong to the information of each case to highlight them. I want to create a conditional format that let me highlight with a different color every new case I enter with their "linked information" rows but only until I enter the next number. e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4...10.

Thank you very much and sorry If my explanation is not very clear.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Zelaya0801 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Zelaya0801 

There's no real easy way to do this 

You need to apply a rule to the table for each colour and then number that will trigger that colour

So for 10 numbers you'll need to set up 10 rules

See the attached to see if it's doing what you are trying to do (I've only done rules for numbers 1 to 3)

- you change the numbers (1,2 or 3) and the colour changes

@Wyn Hopkins,

Yes I had an idea that it would take me to create rules for every single number but I didn't know where or how to start the formula. I am reading and going through on how to create formulas in excel. Your solution works great and I really appreciate you taking some time and effort to help me out.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Zelaya0801 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Zelaya0801 

There's no real easy way to do this 

You need to apply a rule to the table for each colour and then number that will trigger that colour

So for 10 numbers you'll need to set up 10 rules

See the attached to see if it's doing what you are trying to do (I've only done rules for numbers 1 to 3)

- you change the numbers (1,2 or 3) and the colour changes

View solution in original post