Complex Schedule in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I am trying to create a multi-stage schedule in excel (and I think it's too complex for my own good!)

I'll try and explain:

- There are 6 people

- Each day, 3 new tasks are introduced (i.e. a, b, and c)

- 2 people complete 1 of the 3 new tasks each day

- Every person completes their set task at a different time

- Each set of new tasks (which I have labelled as a list) is completed by a different person on the 3rd and 5th day after being introduced

- the first time a list is 'played' it is done int he morning

- the second time a list is repeated (i.e. day 3) it is done at noon

- the third time a list is repeated (ie day 5) it is done in the evening

- as a result, each person will complete a different task (a. b. and c.) every day, but from a different list.  One task in the morning, noon, and evening.  Each day, these times will vary slightly.

(if you want to confuse it more, there are actually 6 tasks, but have grouped into 3 tasks)

What I did (manual, no formulas):

- The persons are numbered 1 to 6

- Each day, the order of the person changes (Day 1: [1,2,3,4,5,6], Day 2:  [6,1,2,3,4,5] Day 3: [5,6,1,2,3,4] etc)

- each task is represented by a form of color (ie task a is dark, task b is medium, task c is light)

and I've attached a sample file (incomplete) to describe the rest.

Is there any way to convert this into a template to become somewhat automated, or at least, formulated?

(in the most perfect form, It is a schedule to be repeated monthly, only on workdays. so would become a calendar but I'm pretty certain that would take hours of coding and an app to make complete!)

hope that makes some form of sense!

0 Replies